Sunflowers

Sunflowers
Picture by Girasoli Dominante Rossa

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Nut Butter Dessert Cups


Nut Butter Dessert Cups

So now that we have established I am not a photographer, I can assure you these are delicious. In light of my recent posts on eating healthy fats, this is a great recipe that uses coconut oil to create that delicious dessert taste. I love this recipe because it helps to satisfy your sweet tooth so you don't feel like you are depriving yourself and it is relatively healthy--unless you eat the whole tray!

In a bowl mix:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup nut butter of your choice (I used sunflower butter)
Pinch of salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp maple syrup or to desired sweetness
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tbsp carob powder or cocoa powder

Pour into miniature paper muffin cups. Then top with top with 1-2 chocolate or carob chips. Allow it to harden in freezer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment